Procedure for Advanced Placement Exam Registration for May 2017 Exam
Refund policy: No refunds will be provided.
1. For students enrolled in an AP course at a VBE high school:
VBE students, enrolled in an AP course and wishing to write AP exams in May 2017 must register with the AP coordinator of their home school by early March 2017.
2. For students studying an AP course on their own, (for VSB or non VSB students) the VBE will offer a district examination centre for May 2017.
All AP Exams will be held at the VBE Education Centre, 1580 West Broadway.
Examination Registration Information
The registration period for May 2017 AP exams for Vancouver School Board Students is open
DO NOT REGISTER IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING A VSB SCHOOL
Registration will be open to Non VSB Students on January 30, 2017
Please note that space is limited and that:
- The cost of each exam is $200.00. This fee is applied to the AP exam, facility and equipment setup/rental, and staffing costs related to organization and invigilation;
- The cost is payable by credit card only;
- The payment is non-refundable; no exceptions.
- Do not register for two exams in the same time slot. There is only one session for each exam.
The VBE will offer the following examinations over a two week period only. There will be no late testing schedule.
Morning 8 a.m (7:45 arrival)
Afternoon 12 noon (11:45 arrival)
Afternoon 2 p.m. (1:45 arrival)
Monday May 1, 2017
Tuesday May 2, 2017
Wednesday May 3, 2017
Thursday May 4, 2017
Friday May 5, 2017
Morning 8 a.m.
Afternoon 12 noon
Afternoon 2 p.m.
Monday May 8, 2017
Tuesday May 9, 2017
Wednesday May 10, 2017
Thursday May 11, 2017
Friday May 12, 2017
The VBE is not able to accommodate the following exams:
Studio Art, Chinese Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture, French, German, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Italian Language, Latin or Music Theory.
Preparation for the Examinations
Before the exams:
- Record the date and time of your exam
On the examination day:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before the examination time. Latecomers will not be able to write the exam.
- Bring picture identification.
- Bring AP Student Booklet if you received this at your school. You must use the same AP Student registration sticker booklet for all exams.
- Students will not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended. You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and the VBE during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam score.
You should bring the following:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers)—mechanical pencils are not allowed for completing multiple-choice answer sheets
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities if you are taking an AP Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. (Visit www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators to learn more about the calculator policy for each of these exams, and for a list of authorized calculators.) Biology allows a four function calculator.
- A ruler or straightedge if you are taking an AP Physics Exam
You may not bring the following:
- Cell phones, digital cameras or any other digital, electronic or communication device
- Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, colored pencils*, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters*, or notes
- Rulers and straightedges (except as noted above)*
- Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklet)
- Computers* or calculators (except as noted above)
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions
- Watches that beep or have an alarm
- Portable listening* or recording devices (even with headphones) or photographic equipment
- Scissors, pocket knife or other sharp implements
- Food or drink
- Clothing with subject-related information
Other Questions and Information
The VBE is offering this examination period as a service to students who are self-studying. Please review all information on this website to see if your question is offered or visit the AP website: http://apcanada.collegeboard.org/
We may not be able to respond to all phone and/or email questions so please note:
- only the exams on the schedule above will be offered
- students will be registered provided space is available
- registered students will receive a confirmation email from the system. Please do not phone or email for additional confirmation.
- we have no information on other testing sites
- exam fees are non-refundable
- For additional questions email: APexam@vsb.bc.ca