BBC/BBD: Board Member Resignation/Removal from Office

B: Board Governance and Operations


A trustee may resign his/her office by giving written notice of his/her resignation to the Secretary-Treasurer of the Board of School Trustees (the “Board”) for transmission to the Board.

Removal from Office

A Board may recommend to the Minister of Education that he/she order a trustee to promptly forfeit and vacate his office if that trustee has absented him/herself from Board meetings, of which he/she has received proper notice, for a period of more than three consecutive months.

Official Trustee

In the event the Minister appoints an Official Trustee to conduct the affairs of the district, its trustees cease to hold office.

DMT Responsibility: S-T 

Revision Date: 
Dec 1996
Jan 1999