Enrolment projections will be prepared on a long-range basis under the direction of the Director of Planning and Facilities and will be reviewed and brought up to date annually.
The projections will take into account:
- figures from the latest census,
- school registration figures,
- forthcoming changes in city planning and zoning,
- current and planned land development and housing projects in the district,
- any other data on population trends and school enrolment that may be available to school officials.
Results of enrolment projections may be reported periodically to the Board of School Trustees (the “Board”). Whenever construction of new school facilities or the closing of any school building is contemplated, the Board may authorize outside studies of the demographics of the district.
DMT Responsibility: D-FSS