The AIR Program aims to achieve the following goals:
- to give students the opportunity to meet local professional visual and performing artists who will share their expertise
- to have local professional visual and performing artists share ideas and thereby help students and teachers deepen their understanding of the arts
- to have local professional visual and performing artists lead students in activities that encourage personal exploration and development through the arts
- to integrate the Fine Arts across the curriculum
- to enrich curricular areas
This program brings professional artists into the classroom for five sessions or one day to develop artist led workshops with students in the following areas: drama, dance, music, and visual art. Click here or the video below to view one Artist in Residence program at Carleton Elementary:
This successful program is administered with funding from the BC Arts Council and the Vancouver School Board.
For more information on the Artist in Residence Program please click on the links below:
Artist in Residence grant applications are due November 30th, 2016 at 4pm sharp (no faxes).