Mini School Registration

Mini Schools
Student Group:
Secondary Students

Registration for the Mini School Test on Dec. 10th is now CLOSED.

Here is our Flyer for each program.     

Synergy is not a District Program but you can still apply by contacting Churchill Secondary.

The Test of Cognitive Skills take place on Dec. 10th at 1:00 p.m. for VSB students and at 8:30 a.m. for Private school students.   

If you have not registered for the test you will not be able to write the test by showing up at a test site.               

Deadline for registration for the test was Nov. 30.  

There are NO exceptions.  

We make NO Changes to your information after you register.

IMPORTANT:  Have your PEN number before you register.  If you are a VSB student and don't know your PEN click here. 

If you attend a private or independent school ask your school secretary for your PEN (Provincial Education Number) - all BC students have one.

Your test results are not given to any schools, parents or students.  They are only used for the purpose of entering a District Program in Gr. 8 in Sept. 2015.  They will not affect your entrance to a regular program at a Vancouver Secondary school.     


Important registration information for District Specified Alternative Programs - Mini Schools

  • Read through our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
  • For information on the Mini School programs offered at the Vancouver School Board read the
  • Letter to parents
    Please read the letter to parents that was distributed to all grade 7 students in the Vancouver school district. 
Parent letter - English (pdf)Parent letter - FrançaisParent letter - ਪੰਜਾਬੀParent letter - Filipino
Parent letter - 简体中文 (pdf)
Parent letter - 한국어Parent letter - EspañolParent letter - Tiếng Việt

Mini-school programs beginning at Grade 8

Please contact the programs directly for information. 

Contact information is listed in each program's fact sheet. Click on the Mini School program name below to be linked to the program websites where you'll find contact information and application forms.


Grade 10-12 Programs

International Baccalaureate Program

TREK Outdoor Education Program

  • Enriched Education plus Wilderness Adventures and Education for Sustainability through Prince of Wales Secondary

Important information: Please note that all academic secondary classes in the Vancouver School District provide students with excellent learning opportunities which can lead to university entrance.

Please contact your Secondary Counsellor for assistance.