Allan Wong is currently the longest serving trustee of the Vancouver School Board, being first elected in 1999. He is currently serving his eighth term as a trustee.
Allan has a Diploma in Multicultural Teachers Program and a Bachelor of Arts in Asian Area Relations from the University of British Columbia. He has taught as a teacher-on-call with the Vancouver and Richmond school districts and worked for TELUS as a corporate relationship specialist for more than 30 years.
His public service experience includes terms with several boards and committees, including the Vancouver Public Library Board, Cultural Communities Advisory Committee, Active Transportation Advisory Committee, Race Relations Advisory Committee, Civic Asset Naming Committee, PRIDE Advisory Committee, Chinatown Heritage Advisory Committee.
Allan is the father of four children who attend Vancouver School District schools and in his free time he enjoys biking, basic woodworking and cooking.
He served as Board Vice-Chair, elected to that role by trustees following the 2018 election.
- Member of Policy and Governance Committee
- Chair of Facilities Planning Committee
Internal Administrative Committees:
- member of the Advocacy Committee
- Diversity Advisory Committee
School Liaison for:
- Magee Secondary family of schools: McKechnie, Maple Grove
- Windermere Secondary family of schools: Bruce, Carleton, Collingwood, Grenfell, Renfrew, Nootka
- City of Vancouver - Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- City of Vancouver - Racial and Ethno-Cultural Equity Advisory Committee
Alternate Liaison for:
Vice-Chair of the VSB Audit Committee