Elected to the Vancouver School Board in October 2018, Carmen Cho was born and raised in Vancouver. She attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary school and completed her Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology at the University of British Columbia.
Carmen began her career in financial services in 1996 working as an assistant and branch administrator. In 2000, she relocated to Toronto and continued her work in the financial industry in training, development and coaching of financial advisors. Carmen holds a certificate in Adult Education from St Francis Xavier University. She is currently the co-chair of the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) at Queen Elizabeth Elementary.
Carmen currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Board, elected to the one-year term by trustees in December 2019.
- Member of Facilities Planning Committee
- Member of Student Learning and Well-Being Committee
- Member of Personnel Committee
Internal Administrative Committees:
- Chair of the Advocacy Committee
- District Parents' Advisory Committee
School Liaison for:
- Point Grey Secondary family of schools: Kerrisdale, Kerrisdale Annex, Quilchena, Southlands
- Tupper Secondary family of schools: Brock, Dickens, Dickens Annex, Livingstone, McBride, McBride Annex, Nightingale
- Britannia Community Services Board
- City of Vancouver - Arts and Culture Policy Council