Elected to the Vancouver School Board in October 2018, Carmen Cho was born and raised in Vancouver. She attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary school and completed her Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology at the University of British Columbia.
Carmen began her career in financial services in 1996 working as an assistant and branch administrator. In 2000, she relocated to Toronto and continued her work in the financial industry in training, development and coaching of financial advisors. Carmen holds a certificate in Adult Education from St Francis Xavier University. She is a former co-chair of the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) at Queen Elizabeth Elementary.
Carmen served as Vice-Chair of the Board from 2019-2020 and was elected as Chair for the 2020-2021 term.
- Member of Facilities Planning Committee
- Member of Student Learning and Well-Being Committee
Internal Administrative Committees:
School Liaison for:
- Point Grey Secondary family of schools: Kerrisdale, Kerrisdale Annex, Quilchena, Southlands
- Tupper Secondary family of schools: Brock, Dickens, Dickens Annex, Livingstone, McBride, McBride Annex, Nightingale
- Britannia Community Services Board
- City of Vancouver - LGBTQ2+ Advisory Committee
- City of Vancouver - Children, Youth and Families Advisory Committee
Alternate Liaison for:
Alternate Member of the VSB Audit Committee