Estrellita Gonzalez was first elected as a trustee in the October 2017 by-election and elected again to the Vancouver School Board in October 2018. She is a parent to a secondary school student who attends Eric Hamber and is also a small business owner, author and wellness educator. Estrellita has a Bachelor of Business Administration and 20 years of senior management and corporate experience. Today, she provides wellness, HR and Marketing consulting services, and in 2012 launched a Vancouver-based wellness centre. Estrellita is committed to supporting the well-being of Vancouver students. She believes the Board must work collaboratively to ensure that all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential and are well-served by a School District that meets their needs and prepares them for a life with options and bright futures.
Estrellita is currently Vice-Chair of the Board for the 2020-2021 term, elected November 30, 2020.
- Chair of Personnel Committee
- Member of Policy and Governance Committee
- Member of Finance Committee
Internal Administrative Committees:
- Chair of the Advocacy Committee
School Liaison for:
- David Thompson Secondary family of schools: Douglas, Douglas Annex, Fleming, Kingsford-Smith, Oppenheimer, Tecumseh, Tecumseh Annex
- Prince of Wales Secondary family of schools: Carnarvon, Shaughnessy, Trafalgar
- Vancouver Technical Secondary family of schools: Begbie, Maquinna, Mount Pleasant, Queen Alexandra, Secord, Thunderbird, Queen Victoria (Secord Annex)
- City of Vancouver - Vancouver Food Policy Council
- City of Vancouver - Renters Advisory Committee
- City of Vancouver - Vancouver Heritage Commission