Fraser Ballantyne was first elected to the Vancouver
School Board in 2011 and re-elected in 2014, in the 2017 by-election and again
in October 2018.
Fraser brings 43 years of public education
experience with the Vancouver School District to his role, including as a trustee
and Board Chair in 2015, as well as a secondary teacher, counselor, school
administrator and District management team member. He has worked extensively
with English as a Second Language, special education, Downtown
Eastside, Indigenous and southeast Vancouver youth, giving him
valuable insight of issues and concerns of the diverse range of needs of
Vancouver students, parents and educators.
Fraser served for five years as a member
of the District management team in Employee Services, managing staffing for the
District’s secondary schools, special education and alternative programs.
He holds a Masters of Education and completed
the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management Governance Essentials
Program for not-for profit organizations.
- Chair of Policy and Governance Committee
- Member of Finance Committee
Internal Administrative Committees :
- School Calendar Committee
School Liaison for:
- Vancouver Technical Secondary family of schools: Begbie, Maquinna, Mount Pleasant, Queen Alexandra, Secord, Thunderbird, Queen Victoria (Secord Annex)
- Kitsilano Secondary family of Schools: Bayview, False Creek, Gordon, Hudson, Tennyson
- BCSTA Provincial Council
- City of Vancouver - Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee
Alternate Liaison for: