Capital planning is a strategic process enabling the Vancouver School District to move towards its long-term goals by building new schools, replacing or upgrading or expanding existing schools. The annual Five-Year Capital Plan Submission to the Ministry of Education, the Vancouver School District identifies and prioritizes requests for capital funding. The focus of the annual capital plan prioritization process is to support education programming opportunities, enable students to attend their catchment school, and ensure all students attend seismically safe schools.
What programs are part of the Annual Capital Plan submission to the Ministry of Education?
- School Enhancement Program (SEP)
- Building Envelope Program (BEP)
- Carbon Neutral Capital Program (CNCP)
- Playground Equipment Program (PEP)
- Annual Facility Grant (AFG)