- Crosswalk re-painting planned for summer 2021 at the intersection of Crown St. and 14th Ave.
- New crosswalk painting being considered for crossing Trafalgar Street at 11th Ave. as well as for crossing 10th Ave. at Larch St. These intersections are adjacent to Kitsilano Secondary and plans are to install these crossings over summer 2021.
- City of Vancouver School Streets initiative will be piloted at Roberts Elementary, Hastings Elementary, and Van Horne Elementary, beginning April 12, 2021.
- Van Horne Elementary School Active Travel Planning Program virtual walkabout (March 3, 2021)
- Maple Grove Elementary bus zone signage changes installed for temporary accommodation use at that site.
- Kingsford Smith Elementary meeting with City staff and school community to discuss traffic safety concerns (March 1, 2021). There is a plan to pilot a leading pedestrian interval (see further detail here and here) at the intersection of Elliot St. and 54th Ave. The leading pedestrian interval will be installed April 22, 2021.
- Lord Tennyson Elementary street parking signage updated following opening of new school building.
- Review of pedestrian crossing time at Manitoba St. and 12th Ave. found that crossing time is at the longest it can be, considering the width of the roadway.
- Left turn restriction installed at Tisdall St. and 49th Ave. adjacent to Jamieson Elementary (February 11, 2021)
- McBride Elementary School Active Travel Planning Program virtual walkabout (February 16, 2021)
- VPD pedestrian safety talks at Shaughnessy Elementary
- Jamieson Elementary meeting with City staff and school community to follow up on traffic safety concerns and interventions (January 14, 2021)
- Crosstown Elementary School Active Travel Planning Program virtual walkabout (December 3, 2020)
- Jamieson Elementary meeting with City staff and school community to discuss traffic safety concerns (December 17, 2021)
- Windermere Secondary School Active Travel Planning Program virtual walkabout (November 26, 2020)
- Vancouver Technical Secondary signage adjustment along Penticton St. for additional pick-up and drop-off space
- Rapid Flashing Beacon installed near Carnarvon Elementary to improve visibility and pedestrian safety
- Translink bus stop removal along Cornwall Street adjacent to Henry Hudson Elementary
Please note: Information included on this page is a non-exhaustive list of some key events or changes related to traffic management around VSB schools. Work undertaken is done in collaboration with VSB partner groups.