The Educational Planning and Facilities department is implementing an annual planning process that aligns with District operational, and business cycles, Ministry requirements, and the Board calendar. The Long-Range Facilities Plan will be updated during each annual planning cycle.
Local planning studies are undertaken in response to emerging District and Board priorities and requirements. The Long-Range Facilities Plan indicates several opportunities where a Local Planning Study could be undertaken to inform key local decisions.
Types of Local Planning Studies
The types of studies undertaken include the following:
- Emerging Capital Priorities Review
- Enrolment Management Studies
- Temporary Accommodation Studies
- Attendance Boundary Review
- New Program Location Studies
- Program Relocation Studies
- School Closure Studies listed
- Non-operating School Site Studies
- Land Asset Management Studies
- Traffic Management Studies
- Grade Re-alignment Studies
Data Validation Studies