Now that summer is here and Vancouver schools are closed for summer vacation, all school registration will occur at the District Reception Centre and Placement Centre.
From July 4 to August 30, ALL STUDENTS must register at the District Reception and Placement Centre.
Location: DRPC offices are located in Moberly Elementary (east wing), 1000 East 59th Avenue Vancouver, BC
Registration hours: 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., Monday to Friday (please note the office is closed on statutory holidays and on Friday, July 22, 2011)
Please note that DRPC will be closed on Friday, July 22, 2011 to accommodate internal office renovation and move.
Getting to DRPC: www.translink.ca
Fill out the school registration form before coming to the DRPC.
NOTE: The parent or legal guardian must come with the student when registering and must present the following original documents (plus an English translation of all documents NOT in English).
What documents do I need to bring to the DRPC?
Please bring the following original documents, with an English translation if the original document is not in English:
1. Proof of residence in Vancouver
Home owners:Recent property tax statement or purchasing agreement if you just bought a new home
Renters: Formal rental or lease agreement
2. Child's original birth certificate
Shows parents' names with certified translation in English if needed
3. Canadian immigration or citizenship documents for parents and children
For parents and children, please bring passports if available
4. Original school report cards with certified translation in English if needed
a. Elementary School: Report cards from two most recent school years
b. Secondary School: All report cards from grade 7 to current year
5. Child's immunization records since birth and, if necessary, any other important health documents
6. Any other relevant documentation involving guardianship, court orders, etc.