Release and Waiver of Liability
All leases for the use of school premises are granted subject to the following conditions:
1) The Lessee agrees there is no warranty expressed or implied on the part of the Board as to the suitability or conditions of the school premises hereby demised; to accept the said premises at his own risk.
2) The Lessee agrees to covenant to indemnify and hold harmless The Board of Education of School District No. 39 (Vancouver) and any of its officers, employees, servants, agents, and contractors from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use and/or occupation of the property belonging to the VBE by the user group and any of its officers, employees, servants, agents, contractors, and volunteers, except to the extent that such loss arises from the independent negligence of the School District.
3) The Lessee understands and agrees that this Contract may be revoked or cancelled by the Board at any time, with or without cause, and, in such event, the Lessee shall have no claim or right to damages, or reimbursement on account of any loss, damage or expense whatsoever.
4) The Lessee understands and agrees, that once finalized, each and every change or modification or cancellation of this agreement, initiated by the Lessee, shall result in a $25 + GST processing fee. Please note that cancellations and amendments require forty-eight (48) hours written notice in advance of the rental, or the full cost of the rental will apply.
5) The Lessee understands and agrees that if they should cause any damage to Board property during their use of Board facilities, that they will be held liable, and if payment for said damages is not made after reasonable notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure, this contract shall be revoked or cancelled by the Board, and the lessee will lose their priority to book said time and space in the future until restitution is made.
6) The Lessee understands and agrees that rental and custodial charges, if any, are based on the expected use of Board facilities, and if the nature of the use, or the duration of the use, is different than originally anticipated, the Board reserves the right to increase the rental and/or custodial charges upon reasonable notice. Similarly, if the extent of actual clean-up required is greater than what was originally anticipated, the Board reserves the right to increase the custodial charges accordingly. If payment for the increase in custodial charges is not made in a timely fashion, this contract shall be revoked or cancelled by the Board, and the lessee will lose their priority to book said time and space in the future until restitution is made.