How to Register

Please note due to COVID 19 our registration process has changed.  Please visit our main page for information on how to register or see below.

Week of May 25-29th

Our summer term will run from Thursday, July 2 - Wednesday, August 5, 2020.  Please click here to view the summer schedule.  Registration will start on June 3rd.    

Please note: All students will need a new 2020/2021 Student Learning Plan to register for a summer course.

Returning students may update their Student Learning Plan and register by emailing an Academic Advisor.  If you are taking a structured course this term, your instructor will let you know which advisor to contact.  If you are not taking a structured course this term or you are in a self-paced course, please contact an advisor as per below:

·    Students with last names beginning with A – I will email Hollie hwilliams@vsb.bc.ca

·    Students with last names beginning with J – R will email Noreen ntakahashi@vsb.bc.ca

·    Students with last names beginning with S - Z will email Joanne jamcleod@vsb.bc.ca

International Students  will email Joanne jamcleod@vsb.bc.ca

Returning Students must provide:

·        Their full name – Last Name, First Usual Name, First Legal Name (if different)

·        Personal Education Number (PEN) and/or Date of Birth

New Students:   Please contact Noreen Takahashi at ntakahashi@vsb.bc.ca.  If possible, please send the completed intake form and proof of status in Canada and photo ID to Noreen  when you contact her.  Note you will need to open and save the intake form using Adobe Acrobat.  For further information, please see our Welcome Guide.  If you are a VSB high school student, please see our Transfer Guide.


To register, all potential students are required to meet with an academic advisor.  Phone the office at (604) 713-5770 to set up an appointment at South Hill.  Phone (604) 257-3849 to set up an appointment at Gathering Place.  Registration must take place in person - registration over the phone is not available.  

All new students usually require the following documents to register:

  • Proof of Citizenship, Landed Status, Refugee Documents or Status Card
  • A valid picture ID
  • If applicable, your most recent academic record from a Canadian institution

Please bring these documents to your advising appointment.  If you don't have these documents available, please let your academic advisor know at the time of your appointment.

Please note students who have been out of school for a while may need to write a math and English assessment.  Phone the office at (604) 713-5770 to ask about our assessment process.

Back to top