Due to the evolving COVID-19
public health situation, please note that the school district is working closely
with Coastal Health and with the Ministry of Education.
https://apstudents.collegeboar... for information
regarding this year’s AP exams. There will be more info at this site in the
coming days and weeks. The College Board will be reducing the information and
units to be tested. It will be an online at home exam. It is your
responsibility to stay posted to information on the above College Board
cannot register for any new AP exams for this May.
safe, be a responsible citizen, and take care
District AP Coordinator
The registration site will close on Feb 29th at 11:59 pm.
The Vancouver School Board is planning on opening online registration for Advanced Placement Exams on Tuesday Sept 24th at 9:00 am. This registration is the early registration and will close on Oct 25th. Fees for the early registration are $200.00. For any spots still available a late registration will open on November 4th and close on March 1st, 2020. The fee for late registrations will be $260.00. All fees for AP Exams are non-refundable. Therefore you must be very sure you are committed to prepare to write the exam in May.
The College Board has implemented significant changes to dates and procedures for registering for Advanced Placement exams starting this 2019-2020 school year.
In order for the Vancouver School Board to provide the opportunity for students to write AP exams in May 2020 who are self-studying the following procedures will now be implemented to comply with the College Board requirements.
Step 1. Paying to Write the Exam
Students must use our online registration system to register and pay for exam.
It is important that students provide accurate email addresses as we are using this to communicate with the student and College Board.
Step 2. Ordering the Exam
For students who have registered, the join codes will be emailed to the email account you registered with by November 6th.
Following receipt of payment and during the week of Oct 28th – Nov 1st, the student will be contacted by the VSB through the email provided with payment and will be given a JOIN CODE for each exam they are preparing to write in May. In addition to this we will provide instruction on setting up a College Board account, plus instructions on enrolling in the exam. Unfortunately self-study students are not given access to the College Board online study materials.
Both steps must be completed to order the exam.
Please note that no regular scheduled exams can be ordered after March 1st and that these dates and fee changes apply for AP worldwide.
If you have any further questions contact email@example.com
Advanced Placement exams give students the chance to tackle college-level work while they're still in high school and earn post-secondary credit and placement.
PREPARATION FOR THE EXAMS
Before the exams:
- Record the date and time of your exam
On the examination day:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before the examination time. Latecomers will not be able to write the exam.
- Bring picture identification.
- Bring AP Student ID Labels if you received them at your school. You must use the same AP Student registration student ID lablels for all exams.
- Students will not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended. You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and the VBE during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP exam score
You should bring the following:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers)—mechanical pencils are not allowed for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities if you are taking an AP Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics Exam or Environmental Science. (Visit www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators to learn more about the calculator policy for each of these exams, and for a list of authorized calculators.) Biology allows a four function calculator.
- A ruler or straightedge if you are taking an AP Physics exam.
You may not bring the following:
- Cellphones, digital cameras or any other digital, electronic or communication device
- Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, coloured pencils*, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters*, or notes
- Rulers and straightedges (except as noted above)*
- Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklet)
- Computers* or calculators (except as noted above)
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions
- Watches that beep or have an alarm
- Portable listening* or recording devices (even with headphones) or photographic equipment
- Scissors, pocket knife or other sharp implements
- Food or drink
- Clothing with subject-related information
OTHER QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION
VSB is offering this examination period as a service to students who are self-studying. Please review all information on this website to see if your question is offered or visit the AP website: http://apcanada.collegeboard.org/
We may not be able to respond to all phone and/or email questions so please note:
- Only the exams on the schedule above will be offered
- Students will be registered provided space is available
- Registered students will receive a confirmation email from the system. Please do not phone or email for additional confirmation.
- We have no information on other testing sites
- Exam fees are non-refundable
- For additional questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for exams click on this Link
The site will re open at 8:30am November 4th.
2020 Examination Schedule
VSB will offer the following examinations over a two week period only. There will be no late testing schedule.
|Morning 8 a.m.|
|Afternoon 12 noon Local Time||Afternoon 2 p.m. Local Time|
May 4, 2020
|United States Government and Politics||Physics C: Mechanics||Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism|
May 5, 2020
May 6, 2020
|English Literature and Composition||Physics 2 Algebra|
May 7, 2020
|Chemistry||Physics 1 Algebra|
May 8, 2020
|United States History||Art History|
Computer Science A
May 11, 2020
May 12, 2020
May 13, 2020
|English Language and Composition||Microeconomics|
May 14, 2020
Government and Politics
|Friday May 15, 2020||Statistics|
VSB is not able to accommodate the following exams:
Studio Art, Chinese Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture, French, German, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Italian Language, Latin, Seminar, Music Theory or Computer Science Principles.