Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
In response to the pandemic, the VSB’s 2021 Summer School program will only be offered to students currently enrolled in a Vancouver public school. The following schools will offer a limited number of courses with health and safety protocols in place.
Please note that changing Public Health Orders may require adjustments to Summer School instructional delivery.
Elementary program - See Program Information
Nootka Elementary – 3375 Nootka Street
Tecumseh Elementary – 1850 41st Avenue East
Trafalgar Elementary – 4170 Trafalgar Street
Van Horne Elementary – 5855 Ontario Street
Grade 1-7 Remedial and Consolidation (Literary, Numeracy, Science) courses. Teachers will provide in-person instruction.
- July 6 to 23 (9:00 am - 11:52 am; 12:30 pm - 3:22 pm).
Students are limited to one Ministry Funded course and must register in their current grade level as of June 30, 2021. Students can register in as many fee-based courses that fit in their schedule.
Secondary Program - See Program Information
Churchill Secondary – 7055 Heather Street
John Oliver Secondary – 530 41st Avenue East
Vancouver Technical – 2600 East Broadway
- Grade 8 – 9 Review courses - Teachers will provide in-person instruction.
- Grade 10 – 11 Remedial courses - Teachers will provide in-person instruction.
- July 8 to August 5 (8:00 am – 10:00 am; 10:15 am – 12:15 pm).
- Grade 10 – 12 Completion courses. Teachers will provide hybrid Day1/Day2 in-person and remote instruction.
- July 6 to August 6 (8:00 am – 11:45 am; 12:20 pm – 4:05 pm).
Students must be under the age of 19 on June 30, 2021 and have not yet graduated on July 1, 2021. Student may take more than one Ministry funded course.
Vancouver School Board International students are not eligible for Ministry funding and can register in one or more Elementary or Secondary courses to fit in their schedule. International fees apply.
See Student Status and Fee Information and Funding Eligibility.
Registration - online only
To register for a Summer School course, you will require a PEN (Personal Education Number) and birth date. Please ensure you have this information prior to the opening day of registration. The PEN is a unique 9-digit number issued to every student enrolled in a BC school. If you do not know this information, please request it from your home school.
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
- Registration closes at midnight on June 4, 2021.
Courses will be available for previewing on April 19, 2021.