- to assist BC school districts and Group I and II Independent Schools in using technology to support the educational programs of students with physical, sensory, communication and learning challenges
- to assist BC school districts and Independent Schools in building their capacity to use technology to support students with diverse needs in the classroom setting
SET-BC provides the following technology services to school districts and Independent Schools. Our three tiers of service include Tier 1 (Professional Development), Tier 2 (technology training and classroom-based solutions), and Tier 3 (specialist support and student-based technology solutions). We provide support with:
- professional development and technology training opportunities for district and school teams
- technology resources and technology implementation support for district and school teams
- consultation for selection of technology, planning for technology implementation and follow-up for school based teams
School district planning teams request annual Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 services through the SET-BC District Request for Service process. This happens in late spring and September for services provided in the coming school year. Each district determines its own Tier 2 classroom and Tier 3 student referral and selection criteria and request support according to the annual SET-BC allocation in these two tiers.
Exit Criteria and Follow Up
SET-BC provides ongoing consultation, implementation and technology support for those classroom- and student-based solutions during the service, or school year. For complex technologies, SET-BC provides ongoing technical support for the loaned equipment for, on average, a period of five years.
SET-BC carries out an annual service review with district based teams to determine the impact of SET-BC services on their educators’ capacity to implement technology and on how student-based technology solutions have supported their educational goals.