- to provide academic assessment and remediation for inpatients and outpatients specifically for acquired brain injuries and to liaise with and support their home schools to provide appropriate support services.
- to provide assessment and consultation for students with developmental disabilities who are referred through the acute rehabilitation program and the Nero-motor program.
- brain Injury - typical academic, adapted and/or modified academic programs
- neuro-motor - modified, adapted, and/or life skills
Criterion for admission is determined by the medical team based on the medical stability and the student's ability to cope with an academic program in the hospital context.
- hospital discharge
- assessment completion
- Brain Injury - close consultation with community school, assistance with setting up support services in home school/home district, visitation follow-up at time of re-integration.
- Neuro-motor - consultation and follow-up with school and family.