The District Resource Teacher - DHH provides support service for students kindergarten to grade 12 whose educational and social emotional development is significantly impacted by their hearing loss.
- collaborating with teachers to meet the needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- supporting maximum inclusion for deaf and hard of hearing students
- providing tutorial support
- assisting students in developing auditory skills
- teaching appropriate use and care of assistive listening devices
- educating the hearing community regarding the needs of the students who are deaf and hard of hearing
- sign language services
- liaising with parents and community agencies
Students are eligible for support when they meet Ministry criteria for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (F). Referrals are made to Learning Services.