The District Resource Teacher - Deaf / Hard of Hearing (DRT-DHH) provides direct service to students kindergarten to grade 12 whose educational and social emotional development is significantly impacted by hearing loss. Primary designation is category F. Consultative support may be provided to other students who are impaired by hearing loss.
- collaborating with teachers to meet the needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- optimizing inclusion for deaf and hard of hearing students
- providing tutorial support
- assisting students in developing auditory skills
- teaching appropriate use and care of assistive listening devices
- educating the hearing community regarding the needs of the students who are deaf and hard of hearing
- liaising with parents and community agencies
The services of DRT-DHH are accessed through School Based Team.