The Case Manager for Behaviour is responsible for supporting School Based Teams working with students in K-12 who present with on-going and significant behavioural/social-emotional needs, mental health concerns and safety issues. These students typically, have not responded to accepted in-class or in-school adaptations for behaviour management.
- Support includes:
- facilitate requests from School Based Teams regarding Ministry designations (R & H) and Behaviour Program placement
- liaise with Special Education Behaviour Program Teams (ExSEL)
- recommend evidence-based interventions on a consultative basis to assist School Based Teams in the development of positive behaviour support plans for individual students
- provide/facilitate professional development and in-service training. Topics include: classroom management, self regulation skills, functional behaviour assessments and Non- Violent Crisis Intervention Training (CPI)
- coordination of STIBS (Short Term Intensive Behaviour Support) workers
- liaise with outside agencies and professionals where appropriate
- completed PRIS (Pre Referral Intervention Strategies) form
- completed SBT minutes from current school year
Please refer to the VSB Levels of Intervention pamphlet. Support from the Behaviour Strategies Consultant is appropriate at Level 3.
To make arrangements for a professional development session at the school level, please contact the assigned Case Manager Behaviour directly.