The Case Manager for Learning Support is responsible for supporting School Based Teams working with high incidence Ministry designated students. This includes, but is not limited to, students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 with mild intellectual disabilities, learning needs or learning disabled (Q, P, K).
- consult with School Based Teams regarding students with complex high incidence learning profiles
- facilitate requests from School Based Teams regarding Ministry designations (K,P and Q) and High Incidence Program placement
- liaise with Special Education Program staff: Elementary Extended Learning Assistance (ELAC), TEIR Program and Communication, Secondary Learning Support (LSP), Learning Assistance (LAC), Pre Employment, Kits Mini and STTEP
- provide/facilitate professional development and in-service training on topics related to learning
- liaise with outside agencies and professionals where appropriate
- Required Documents
- completed PRIS (Pre Referral Intervention Strategies) form
- completed Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Functional Assessment (if available )
Please refer to the VSB Levels of Intervention pamphlet. Support from the Case Manager for Learning Support is appropriate at Level 3.
To make arrangements for a professional development session at the school level, please contact the Case Manager for Learning Support directly.