The District Resource Teacher for Gifted Education is responsible for supporting/mentoring teacher colleagues in developing and advancing their professional practice and learning with an emphasis on effective, evidence-based practices for gifted and twice exceptional students.
- differentiated instruction
- project based learning / inquiry learning
- social emotional learning
- classroom management
- planning and preparation
- reporting and parent communication
- professional development opportunities for school based staff
- program placement (MACC and Gifted Outreach)
- gifted screening opportunities
Please refer to the VSB Levels of Intervention pamphlet. Support from the Gifted Education Mentor is appropriate at Level 3.