The Pre-Employment Program is designed for students in grades 10 to 12 who have not experienced success in the acquisition of academic skills in a mainstream classroom setting. Students participate in adapted or modified academic courses, electives and work-experience.
- supporting academics while developing career skills
- individual and small group instruction in academic courses
- work experience practicums at the grade 11 and 12 levels
Students are considered appropriate for placement in this program when they:
- require adapted or modified course work
- motivated to complete a Grade 12 school completion and/or a Dogwood certificate
- commit to the career development nature of the program which includes work
- experience at the Grade 11 and 12 levels
For more information on programs within the VSB, please contact your school's Resource Teacher.