Grade 10 Prep is a two year program at Windermere Secondary which is designed to lead to Grade 10 equivalency. In a supportive, collaborative environment, students build their confidence and skills through a unique combination of core academics, work experience, community involvement, outdoor adventure, and hands-on shop experience. Students may have an elective separate from the PASE program.
- require adapted or modified course work
- motivated to complete a Grade 12 school completion and/or a Dogwood certificate
- commit to the career development nature of the program which includes work experience at the Grade 11 and 12 levels
- students may have a “Q” Designation or a “G” or “D” (if on a Dogwood track)
- students 15-18 years old who are struggling in a traditional classroom setting or are leaving a junior special education program. Some students complete Gr. 12 in the program before going onto further training/employment. This is reviewed yearly by the teaching team.
Program referrals must be submitted to the Case Manager, High Incidence.
- completed “Request for Designation &/or Special Education Program Placement” form
- Psycho-educational assessment and Speech and Language assessment if available
- current assessment of achievement levels (reading/writing/numeracy)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (previous 2 years)
- Report Card
- School Based Team minutes
Student placement is reviewed every spring with the goal of returning students to their home schools. A transition plan between the program staff and the receiving school is developed.
Capacity and Staffing