This program is designed for students in grades 8 to 12 who have complex neurologically-based learning challenges that impede their school and life success.
- individualized or small group instruction with a focus on skill development
- experiences designed to increase self-esteem and feelings of success
- social skills programming to develop interpersonal skills and independence
- community-based instruction
Students are considered appropriate for this program when they:
- exhibit an uneven cognitive profile
- have a neurological condition that impacts learning (D)
- need extensive program adaptations/modifications
- Identified as a student with a Learning Disability (Q)
For more information on programs within the VSB, please contact your school's Resource Teacher.