Learning Support Programs (LSP) provide academic support for students with diagnosed Learning Disabilities.
The goal of the program is to support academics and assist students in developing compensatory learning strategies. LSP students are timetabled into mainstream electives and academic subjects whenever possible and appropriate.
- meet MOE criteria for LD
- history of consistent school attendance
- demonstrates age-appropriate self-regulation abilities
Learning Support Program referrals are submitted to the District Case Manager, High Incidence.
- completed “Request for Designation &/or Special Education Program placement” form
- completed “Pre-Referral Intervention Strategies” (PRIS) form
- Psycho-Educational assessment
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- School Based Team minutes
- Report Card
Student placement is reviewed every spring with the goal of returning students to their home schools. A transition plan between the LSP program staff and the receiving school is developed.
Capacity and Staffing
Grades 8 and 9
Churchill Point Grey
David Thompson Prince of Wales
John Oliver Tupper
Killarney Vancouver Tech