This Secondary additional year program is designed to support students currently in a regular Life Skills program who need increased emphasis on preparation for the post-secondary adult world in their senior year.
- communication awareness
- transition to post-secondary options
- independent daily living skills
- work experience where appropriate
- functional academic skills
- communication skills
- · currently in Gr. 11 Life Skills
- · students who are currently in a Gr. 8-12 Life Skills program who need increased emphasis on post-secondary transition preparation
Life Skills teachers make referrals in consultation with the District Case Manager, Inclusion.
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (Gr. 8-11)
- Post-Secondary transition plan
Capacity and Staffing
Grades 12 / Additional year
Up to 15 students
1 Teacher and SSA support (level dependent on student need)