Autism programs provide a small supportive setting for students with a diagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder (G) who demonstrate significant behavioural and/or communication challenges.
- communication skills
- teaching self-help and personal care
- working on functional academics
- social emotional learning and strategies support
- meet the Ministry criteria of Autism Spectrum Disorder (G)
- Students who would benefit from systematic, targeted support in a small group setting
Student placement is reviewed every April with the goal of returning students to their home schools.
For more information on programs within the VSB, please contact your school's Resource Teacher.