The CORE program provides a small supportive setting for students with significant communication and self-regulation challenges.
- communication skills
- social emotional learning and strategies support
- meet the Ministry criteria for low incidence designation
- students who would benefit from systematic, targeted support in a small group setting
Program referrals must be submitted to the District Case, Inclusion.
- completed “Request for Designation &/or Special Education Program Placement” form
- completed “Pre-Referral Intervention Strategies” (PRIS) form
- evidence of Tier 1 and Tier 2 interventions have been implemented at the school level
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (if available)
- medical reports (Sunny Hill Health Centre, B.C. Children’s Hospital) (if available)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Speech and Language Assessment
- School Based Team minutes
- consultation with Learning Services
- Report Card
Student placement is reviewed every Spring with the goal of returning students to their home schools. A transition plan between the program staff and the receiving school is established.
Capacity and Staffing
Grades 2 to 7
1 Teacher, SSA (number of Support Staff depends on Student profiles)
Cunningham Elementary (2 classes)
Trudeau Elementary (1 class)