The Autism Resource Centre (ARC) is a Secondary program to support students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder who are working towards a Dogwood Certificate. The focus of the program is to support students with social thinking curriculum and executive functioning.
Students have an 8 block timetable with 1-2 blocks as a group participating in the social thinking and executive functioning curricula. Each students’ course load will be determined through an IEP process.
Students are appropriate for placement in this program when they:
- have a diagnosis of Autism (G)
- are able to attend classes with minimal support
- are able to work independently during parts of the day in a classroom setting
- have independent life skills
- Support with social thinking and executive functioning
- Working towards a Dogwood Certificate
- may demonstrate externalizing and/or internalizing behaviour
For more information on programs within the VSB, please contact your school's Resource Teacher.