The Secondary Life Skills Programs are small supportive classes for students in grades 8 to 12 with Autism, Physical Disabilities, Deaf/Blind, Chronic Health and who have a Moderate to Severe /Profound Intellectual Disability. Students in this program earn an Evergreen certificate upon school leaving.
- communication skills
- functional academic skills
- teaching appropriate behavioural and social emotional skills
- Independent daily living skills
- work experience where appropriate
- transition to post-secondary options
- providing social emotional programming
For more information on programs within the VSB, please contact your school's Resource Teacher.