The Vancouver School District’s virtual Winter Celebration of Music Festival will premiere on December 7, 2021. The event features musical groups from our youngest learners to senior level performers. The virtual event will see student performances in string and jazz bands to chamber choirs and vocal ensembles. The participating schools are:
- Carleton Cunningham Elementary Concert Choir
- Tecumseh Elementary Concert Choir
- Magee Secondary Wind Ensemble
- David Thompson Jazz Band
- Lord Byng Secondary Strings Orchestra
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier Elementary Concert Choir
- Nightingale Concert Choir
- General Brock Elementary Concert Choir, Band & Orff Ensemble
- Dr. Annie B. Jamieson Elementary String Orchestra
- Eric Hamber Secondary Senior Choir
- Renfrew Elementary Orff Ensemble
- Gladstone Secondary Jazz Band
- Windermere Secondary Vocal Ensemble
- Britannia Secondary Concert Band & Jazz Band
- David Thompson Secondary Band
- University Hill Concert Band & String Orchestra
- Eric Hamber Senior Orchestra
- Kitsilano Secondary Concert Band & Wind Ensemble.
- Eric Hamber Orchestra
- David Thompson Secondary Senior Band
- Kitsilano Secondary Jazz Band
In coordination of this event, students and teachers are also learning about video and audio production to build their virtual performances. With the help of Celia Jong, District fine arts coordinator, the District has presented over 10 virtual concerts.
Tune-in to the virtual event on YouTube tomorrow at 7:00pm and listen to some musical talent from VSB students across the District!