The counsellors, administration and office staff have been hard at work this week getting everything ready to go for next week. As you are aware, students will return to school on Thursday, September 10 or Friday, September 11 for a Student Orientation session, with classes beginning Monday, September 14th.
The MyEd family portal will be open on Tuesday, September 8 at 9:00am, at which time students and families will be able access student schedules. Information about logging into MyEd is found here.
Class Schedule for 2020-2021 School Year
Britannia will be operating under a different schedule this year as the main school follows a quarter system. Students in specific programs at Britannia, including Grade 13, LALS, Outreach, Pacific Storm and Streetfront, will be contacted by their program teacher(s) regarding the schedule for their program.
The quarter system involves dividing the year into four quarters. The students take 2 of their 8 courses in each of the quarters. These two courses will alternate between face to face and remote learning. The attached documents outline the quarter system schedule for Britannia.
Face to face classes are divided into two groups, A and B. Students will be assigned to a group and attend class based on the group schedule. Group A meets during the morning session and Group B in the afternoon. Students will able to see which group they are in by looking at the section number of their class on their schedule in MyEd.
Session One (A) 8:40am to 10:25am
Flex time A 10:30am to 11:30am
Flex time B 12:15pm to 1:15pm
Session Two (B) 1:18pm to 3:03pm
Health and Safety Reminders
· Please use the hand sanitizer provided at each entrance to the school.
· Use the entrance/exit closest to your 1.1 classroom
· Stay home if you are not feeling well.
· Maintain physical distance (2 metres) at all times outside the building and in the hallways.
· You will be provided with a reusable mask in your 1.1 class. For the first day, students are encouraged to bring a mask from home to wear in the hallways. Masks are to be worn in areas where physical distancing is not possible, such as the hallways.