BRITANNIA CLASS OF 2021
Letter to Parents and Students in regards to upcoming ceremony:
Graduation 2021 principal's letter to parents and graduates.pdf
Graduation Ceremony 2021 Update
The following is updated graduation ceremony information for our grade 12 Parents and Guardians:
- The Graduation Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, June 22.
- The ceremony will take place in two parts.
- The 4:00 pm ceremony will involve grads with surnames A to NGO and the 6:00 pm ceremony will involve grads with surnames NGU to Z plus Outreach students.
- Grads must attend in their designated ceremony – no exceptions will be made.
- Grads should arrive 30 minutes before their designated ceremony (at 3:30 for ceremony 1 and 5:30 for ceremony 2).
- Grads will enter the school through the east entrance closest to the gym.
- Caps and gowns may be picked up on June 17 from the counselling office. This will enable families to take photos with their graduate prior to the ceremony.
- Please complete the graduation ceremony consent form and have your graduate turn it in at the office.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed, and the link will be provided in advance. A recording of the ceremony will also be made available on the district’s YouTube channel.
- Optional - Outdoor Family Photo Opportunity – As part of graduation events, the VSB has given us permission to plan an outdoor family photo opportunity at the school. This will not be a large gathering, but a short opportunity for grads and their families to take a photo.
- After each ceremony (at approximately 5:30 for ceremony 1 and approximately 7:30 for ceremony 2), grads will exit the school through the cafeteria doors on the west side of the school by the track.
- Grads wanting to take family photos will then line up remaining 2 meters apart.
- Grads may then be joined in line by up to a maximum of 4 family members.
- Grads and family members must wear masks, except when the photo is being taken.
- Grads will then move, one by one, to the family photo area on the tennis courts.
- Grads and families must leave the grounds as soon as the photo has been taken.
- Guests, students and staff must adhere to all other health and safety requirements.
- Grads and families not visiting the family photo area must leave the grounds after their grad has exited the building.
We at Brit are looking forward to this wonderful celebration and ask that all families follow the directions given here and by staff that will be assisting with this big event!
Grad 2021 Citation Form – Due May 17, 2021 2pm
One of the portions of our ceremony which is especially appreciated is the personal message that is read about each student as they make their walk across the stage. These messages must be brief but generally will include comments on interests and plans for the future. Please write in 25 words or less a citation that will be read about yourself as you cross the stage.
If you have any questions or you are needing some assistance, please see Ms. Ng in the library or Ms. Simonson in Counselling.