Charles Dickens PAC
All Parents/Guardians of children attending Charles Dickens (main & annex) are members of the Parent Advisory Council (PAC) which unites the two school communities into one cohesive group. Members of the PAC Executive (PAC Exec) are elected by you at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) in June each year.
View the Dickens PAC BLOG at: dickenspac.blogspot.com :: To receive our monthly Newsletters via email, click on the "Subscribe" button on the top-right of the PAC Blog, and fill in the online form :: Also add facebook.com/dickenspac to "Your Shortcuts" on Facebook and "Like" and "Follow Us" to stay updated with our news! In addition, follow our main annual fundraiser at Instagram.com/dick...
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com
What does the PAC do?
Led by the PAC Exec, the PAC promotes community, and enhances the student experience with funds raised each year.
Activities and Items funded by the PAC have included:
- Dance Lessons: Hip-Hop, Bollywood, Square Dance etc.
- Student Clubs: Book Club, Singing Club, Chess Club, Gardening, Ultimate Frisbee, Sewing, Knitting, Arts & Crafts etc.
- Author and Artist visits
- Young Actors' Workshops
- Project Chef, Graines de Chefs, and Healthy Eating Programs
- Student Council Initiatives, including Random Acts of Kindness Week
- Musical Instruments, and related equipment
- Technology: Laptops, Projectors, Tablets etc.
- Numerous Field Trips
Ongoing Projects organized and supported by PAC include:
- Spring Fling [our carnival fundraiser & community event]
- Hop 'n Nosh [family dance + social]
- Holiday Hampers [a drive for families in need]
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Guest Speaker Evenings [info sessions for parents/guardians - child care provided]
- Glen Drive Community Gardens and Glen Dr. Community Street (a.k.a. Rainbow Road)
- Dickens Family Scavenger Hunts
- Trivia Nights, via Zoom
These projects rely heavily on Parental/Guardian support. There are several opportunities to get involved, even if you are not on the PAC Executive. The PAC Exec also meets regularly with the School Administration and communicates with Parents & Guardians via our PAC Blog, PAC Facebook and monthly Newsletters.
Vancouver School District and BC Councils
At the school-district level, Dickens Parents/Guardians have a voice in the system through the Vancouver School District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) http://vancouverdpac.org/gener... and through the BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC) https://bccpac.bc.ca/index.php... :: Both DPAC and BCCPAC advocate for public education at the provincial level. The Charles Dickens PAC Executive is a member of both DPAC and BCCPAC.