- Our school community believes that it is important to establish a safe, supportive learning environment. We do this by taking care of each other, taking care of ourselves and taking care of this place.
Our School Code is: Be Cooperative, Be Safe and Be Respectful.
School Wide Expectations:
- included others
- play safely
- encourage interaction between younger and older students
Hallways and Stairways:
- walk safely
- use inside voices
- work together to make this a pleasant place
Lunchroom or Classroom:
- follow established route for food
- clean up after yourself
- be aware of food allergies
- quiet conversations
- report problems to an adult
- treat place like your own home
- be respectful of people's privacy
Dickens promotes the values expressed in the BC Human Rights Code respecting the rights of all individuals in accordance with the law - prohibiting discrimination based on reface, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, martial status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender or sexual orientation - in respect of discriminatory publication and discrimination in accommodation, service and facility in the school environment. Racism will not be tolerated in our school.