School begins are 9 am. The warning bell rings at 8:55 am. Teachers pick up students and dismiss them from the same place. Please be on time for drop off and pick up.
There are six entrances for students to line up at:
1. South Door on 23rd Avenue - Division 5,6,7
2. South Door on 23rd (East side) into Room 001 - Division 10
3. South Door on 23rd (West side) into Room 002 - Division 15 K
4. East door by the gravel field - Kindergarten (Division 13 Kindergarten and 14 Kindergarten)
5. North Door by the playground - Division 8, 9, 11, 12
6. West door by the basketball court - Division 1, 2, 3, 4
Parents and guardians must check their child(ren)'s health daily before coming to school. A one time checklist will be required to indicate parents understand the requirement to complete the health check and keep their child(ren) home in the following circumstances:
1. You are ill or have any symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19.
2. Have travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days (PHO Order).
3. Have been identified by public health as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case or outbreak.
4. Live in a household with someone who has been tested and public health has confirmed is a COVID-19 case.
Staff and any invited guests to the school are also required to do daily health checks and stay home if they are sick. Staff and visitors are also required to wear non-medical mask if they are walking in hallways where they are unable to physically distance the recommended two metres. Just a reminder that parents and other visitors must make an appointment to enter the building to ensure safety protocols are followed.
All students have been put into Learning Groups (or cohorts) or no more than 60 people (including students and adults).
1. Please arrive to school on time.
2. If you have permission to enter the school, please wear a mask and use the sanitizer when you enter the building. Proceed directly to the agreed upon area for your appointment.
3. If your child has to go to an appointment, older students can sign out at the office and meet you just outside the main door at a specific time. Please send primary students with a note to give to the teacher. Include the time the child needs to meet you outside the main door. A staff member will walk them there. Call the office if they are not at the meeting place on time and the office will page them to come to the front door immediately