As a result of the recent updates from Provincial Health, these are a few items of interest.
- A revised Daily Health Assessment is required. The revision groups the symptoms with the addition of the “WHAT TO DO NEXT” section helps families with decisions.
- Ministry has released the K - 12 Health Checker app for students, parents and caregivers.
- 3 ply masks will be distributed to 1.1 classes.
- Recommendations for Physical Education and Music classes are effective immediately.
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) resources are available on these links,
Covid 19 Assessment and Testing of Children
Covid 19 School Exposures
Please continue to reinforce our key COVID 19 safety messages:
- Please update and use the revised Daily Health Assessment. Stay at home if you are sick.
- Physical distance is the most effective preventative measure. Wearing masks do not excuse you from physical distancing. Always try to physical distance even with masks.
- Minimize or avoid physical contact.
- Proper hand hygiene. Stations at most entrances of the school and in your classrooms.
- Proper respiratory etiquette. Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your arm.
- Wearing masks is mandatory when physical distancing cannot be controlled, such as hallways and stairs.
- Avoid touching any part of your face.
- Classrooms are based on cohorts, however, students are required to avoid socializing on their way to classes and when leaving the classrooms. Although we have good ventilation at Thompson, outdoors is better.