David Thompson Graduating Class of 2021 In-School Scholarship Opportunities:
To qualify, grade 12 student must:
- Have (completed or in process of completion in Q4) minimum seven (7) grade 12 courses taken at David Thompson during the regular school year
- Not have any “I” Incomplete marks for any of their grade 12 courses (completed or in progress)
Application is available online HERE
The application deadline is Friday, May 21, 2021. No late submissions will be accepted.
Please see the PDF document 'Questions for Application 2020 2021' for important information to help you with your application.
Questions for Application 2020 2021.pdf
David Thompson District Scholarships - $1,250
The District Scholarship process involves an application from the candidates and a selection committee of David Thompson teachers.
- Monday, May 3rd: Application and instructions emailed to students and posted on DT website.
- Thursday, May 13th: Applications due by email to Maria Bie (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm.
- By Tuesday, June 29th: Successful applicants will be notified with instructions on how to claim the award.
Click here to download the application.
Students can apply in more than one category. If you are applying in more than one category, you need to submit a separate application for each category.
There are seven areas of scholarships:
- Indigenous Languages and Culture (demonstrated at school or in the community)
- Fine Arts (Music, Drama, Dance, Visual Art)
- Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies (Business Ed, Home Economics, Technology, Information Communication Technology, Media Arts, Tourism)
- Physical Activity (Athletics, Fitness, Outdoor Education, not limited to Physical Education)
- International Languages (from the International Languages Curriculum or External Assessments, including AP courses)
- Community Service (volunteer activity), which includes awareness of local, global, and cultural issues
- Technical and Trades Training (Woodwork, Auto, Robotics, Mechanics, Cook Training, Culinary Arts, Coding)
- Complete the attached fillable application form.
- Save to your computer/device with the following naming format: Area applying for – Last name, First name (For example, Physical Activity – Lopez, Rick).
- Email to email@example.com by May 13th with the same name as the file in the subject line of the email. (For example, Physical Activity – Lopez, Rick).
- Make sure to attach the completed application form.
David Thompson Scholarships:
The following scholarships are generously provided by two of our David Thompson Alumni. The application process is active and in process. Please click on the links and read the instructions carefully.
McEwen Family Awards
Soolim Co 2021
Lydia Co Scholarships 2021
More Scholarship Information:
Grads please check http://blogs.vsb.bc.ca/careeri... for further information from the VSB on College and University applications and Scholarship opportunities.
Additional information on scholarships can be found as follows:
David Thompson Parent Advisory Committee Trades/Performing Arts/Vocational Studies Scholarship
This scholarship is
given to a student who has spent his/her senior years at David Thompson
Secondary School. He/she has achieved
outstanding achievements in a VSB approved program trades, performing arts
and/or vocational studies (e.g. culinary arts, automotive, carpentry, photography,
jewellery making, graphic design, animation, computer programing, music, film
studies, etc) and plan to pursue further education in that area.
- Please complete the application and submit it to the main office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application is due by Friday, May 21st
- The application form is below,
Dr. Katharine Borgen Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Mathematics
Application information attached. Applications due May 7, 2021.
The Dr. Katharine Borgen Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Mathematics 2021.pdf
Kristian Domingo Memorial Award #11Forever Award
Application information attached. One person from each VSB school can apply. Please submit your application for this scholarship to Ms. Dhaliwal by May 14th. The DT selection committee will then select one application to submit from DT and we will forward it to the District.
The Kristian Domingo Memorial Award Student Application 2021.pdf
VSB Days of Recognition (Teachers, Support Staff, Administrators) Scholarships
VSB Scholarships recognizing the work of Teachers, Support Staff, and Administrators. See links below for application information. Please submit your application to Ms. Dhaliwal by May 10th. The DT selection committee will then select one application to submit from DT and we will forward it to the District.
Teachers Recognition Day Scholarship 2021.pdf
Support Staff Recognition Day Scholarship 2021.pdf
Administrators Recognition Day Scholarship 2021.pdf
Harris and Company Law Scholarship
Application information attached. Applications are due June 25, 2021.
HARRIS and Company Law Scholarship May 2021.pdf
Coast Capital Youth Education Awards
Application information attached. One person from each VSB school can apply. Please submit your application for this scholarship to Ms. Dhaliwal by April 14th. The DT selection committee will then select one application to submit from DT and we will forward it to the District.
2021 Coast Capital Youth Education Award.pdf
BCIT Entrance Awards/Scholarships
BCIT is pleased to announce that the following Entrance Awards are available to students who are planning to attend our institute commencing April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
- Up to 25 BCIT President’s Entrance Awards, available only to current High School students
- Valued up to $4,000 each.
- Deadline: August 5, 2021
- Over 100 additional BCIT Entrance Awards
- Valued up to $6,000 each.
- Deadlines: August 5, 2021 and/or January 6, 2022
More information about BCIT Entrance Awards and the application forms can be found at bcit.ca/finaid.
CLEAN ENERGY STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP 2021
This scholarship is for grade 12 students who are graduating in 2021. To apply for the scholarship, we ask that students submit a reference letter as well as a 500-word essay answering the question, “Why is clean energy important to me as a young person in BC?”
The application deadline is Thursday, May 20thth and we will be contacting the winner in early June. Interested students can find more information on our website by clicking here: Scholarship Info
Clean Energy Student Scholarship 2021.pdf
MyBlueprint has teamed up with Scotiabank to offer two (2) x $3,750 post-secondary scholarships! Grade 12 students can apply directly in their myBlueprint account.
Kindness Foundation Scholarship
The intention of this scholarship is to recognize exceptional high school graduating students, inspired by the vision of a kinder world and committed to making a difference. Please see the below attachment for more information.
The Kindness Foundation NM - Scholarship 2021.pdf
Phillip Paulson Scholarship Award
This scholarship will be awarded to a student who demonstrates compassion, a dedication to serving others, a commitment to the betterment of individuals or the greater society.
Examples might include:
- Citizenship activities
- Service to others through volunteer work in the school or beyond
- Personal achievements focused on supporting others
Phillip Paulson Scholarship Information 2021.pdf
BC School Sports Scholarship Information
BCSS is pleased to announce the renewal of the BCSS Zone Scholarship, Dave Gifford Memorial Scholarship, Bert& Quartermaine Badminton Scholarship, and the BC Dairy Scholarship.
Please see the link for more information: https://www.bcschoolsports.ca/awards/scholarships