The District Scholarship process involves an application from the candidates and a selection committee of teachers.
Click here to download the application.
Students can apply in more than one category. If you are applying in more than one category, you need to submit a separate application for each category.
There are seven areas of scholarships:
- Indigenous Languages and Culture (demonstrated at school or in the community)
- Fine Arts (Music, Drama, Dance, Visual Art)
- Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies (Business Ed, Home Economics, Technology, Information Communication Technology, Media Arts, Tourism)
- Physical Activity (Athletics, Fitness, Outdoor Education, not limited to Physical Education)
- International Languages (from the International Languages Curriculum or External Assessments, including AP courses)
- Community Service (volunteer activity), which includes awareness of local, global, and cultural issues
- Technical and Trades Training (Woodwork, Auto, Robotics, Mechanics, Cook Training, Culinary Arts, Coding)
- Complete the attached fillable application form.
- Save to your computer/device with the following naming format: Area applying for – Last name, First name (For example, Physical Activity – Smith, John).
- Email to email@example.com with the same name as the file in the subject line of the email. (For example, Physical Activity – Smith, John).
- Make sure to attach completed application form.
- Wednesday, April 22nd: Application and instructions emailed to students and posted on DT website.
- Friday, May 8th: Applications due by email to Maria Bie (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm.
- Friday, June 12th: Successful applicants will be notified with instructions on how to claim award.