Family Photo Project
Most of us have been spending a lot more time at home nowadays and no one is quite sure when things will return to some sense of normalcy. Many photographers have been documenting these unusual times and some of you have probably seen various photo projects about social/physical distancing popping up on social media used as fundraisers for various charities.
We would like to photograph Emily Carr families at home on their doorsteps, where they are spending more time together. One of the yearbook photographers and Carr parent, Lydia Hentschel, has agreed to help us out with this project.
So here’s the basic idea:
- If you are interested, please fill out this survey to send Lydia your contact information and approximately where you live.
- Using that info, she will set up a schedule based on location and contact you regarding a specific appointment time.
- She will show up in front of your house/apartment building, but remain outside at least a few meters away.
- Anyone from the household who would like to be included in the portrait should gather in front of their residence at the agreed time. Feel free to bring pets, sentimental items, or anything else you’d like to include.
- It should take a maximum of ten minutes to get organized and take a couple of portraits.
- Within a week, you will receive 1 or 2 high-quality jpeg digital photos of your “staying-at-home” portrait.
- If you are able to and would like to help, please make a donation to the Emily Carr PAC using the School Cash Online system. Please note that donations are voluntary.
All funds raised will go towards Carr's SOS Funds. Every school year, PAC sets aside $1000 towards this fund to help support Carr students and families. As PAC will no longer be able to hold its largest fundraiser of the year - Fun Fair, we are strongly committed to ensuring that all of our Carr Families feel supported by their community.
Donations may be made through School Cash Online; under Gift Information, please choose Emily Carr PAC in the Funds Destination drop down box, with "Family Photo Project" in the Message to School Board box. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or Lydia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to survey: https://forms.gle/FF7fmKLz2UVDk8vf8
Emily Carr PAC has partnered with the online grocery store SPUD.ca - head over to SPUD.ca/community to get started! SPUD will donate 25% back from every fundraising produce box purchased - these premade boxes are easy to buy and come with an extra discount. You can also purchase a variety of other natural and organic groceries fromSPUD.ca with free home delivery! If you pay with SPUD gift cards from, a 10% donation will be made from the purchase of any item on our website. SPUD has high sourcing standards with an emphasis on local and organic and offers a 100% guarantee on all purchases. Spud delivers to both home and offices!
Orders need to be made through the link SPUD.ca/community and enter FUNDRAISING in the promo code box. Please then specify EMILY CARR PAC in the drop down box! If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.