Dear Hamber Parents and Guardians,
I hope you and your family are doing well; we are excited to be welcoming our students back into our school this week!
As per guidelines from the PHO, BC Communicable Disease Control, Vancouver Coastal Health, and the Ministry of Education, staff, students, and authorized visitors must not attend a school/worksite and must stay home if they:
- Are ill or have any symptoms.
- Have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days (PHO Order).
- Have been identified by public health as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Live in a household with someone who has been tested and public health has confirmed is a COVID-19 case.
Therefore, all parents and guardians must assess/check their child’s health daily for symptoms of cold, flu, or COVID-19 before sending them to school.
We have attached two copies of the Daily Health Assessment Form:
- Daily Health Assessment Form (attached) – please print and submit this form to the child(ren)’s block 1-1 teacher by Monday, September 14th, to confirm that you understand: a) how to conduct the Daily Health Assessment b) that this health assessment/check must be conducted daily, and c) you must keep your child(ren) home if your child(ren) have symptoms or are ill and seek the advice of a healthcare professional.
- Daily Health Assessment (attached) – please print and keep this copy at home in a convenient location for daily reference. If unwell or symptomatic, the student must stay home and self-isolate, and the parent should call the school office to report the absence.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Dale Ambrose, Vice Principal