HOW DID OUR SCHOOL GET ITS NAME?
General Wolfe Elementary
The school is named after General James Wolfe, the general who commanded the British forces at the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in the year 1759. As a result of General Wolfe’s victory in this battle, Canada became a British colony.
General James Wolfe Elementary School was built in 1910. The neighbourhood population was growing quickly at the time so two years later, two wings were added to the school. During the 1920’s, additional classrooms were added adjacent to the school and a second building, now called “the Annex” was completed.