Dear Hastings school community,
Only a week to go until summer break! This has certainly been an interesting year. Here’s what’s happening the last week of school at Hastings.
Families are reminded that to ensure the health and safety of staff and students parents must assess/check their child’s health daily for symptoms of COVID-19 or other infectious respiratory disease before sending them to school. If symptomatic, the student must stay home and self-isolate and, as always, the parent should call the school office to report the absence to the school.
Please continue to visit the VSB website and the VSB’s COVID-19 Updates page regularly for the most up to date information regarding the current situation. Please visit the Hastings school website for the most up to date information from Hastings and please visit the Hastings PAC website for updates from PAC. Also note, previous editions of Hastings eNews are available on our school website.
Last Days of School
- Hastings’ last days of in-person learning will be Monday, June 22 and Tuesday, June 23 for k-5 students and Wednesday, June 24 for 6/7 students. Vulnerable students, children of essential service workers and students with complex learning needs may attend in-person Thursday, June 25, if necessary. Friday, June 26 is an Administrative Day, schools will not be open to students.
- Yearend reports and personal belongings will be sent home with students attending in-person learning on their last day of school, either June 23 or June 24.
- Families of students not returning for in-person learning can pick up yearend reports and personal belongings starting Monday, June 22. Please do not enter the school. Come to the main school entrance off of Franklin Street and staff members will be there to help you.
- Yearend reports or personal belongings not picked up by June 30 will be kept at the school and available in September.
- Please return all borrowed iPads, library books, textbooks and other school materials to the school as soon as possible. Borrowed items can be returned to your child’s teacher or the main office.
Not Returning to Hastings for 2020-2021?
Families with children in grades k to 6, who will not, or may not be returning to Hastings for the 2020-2021 school year, please email email@example.com to let our office staff know.
Thank you all for your continued patience, understanding and support. Have a happy Father’s Day and please join in celebrating the heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Sunday, June 21!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Susan Dent & Vital Peeters
on behalf of Hastings Community Elementary School