Hello Hastings school community,
Here’s what’s happening at Hastings.
Please continue to visit the VSB website, the Hastings school website and the Hastings PAC website for information regarding district, school and PAC events.
The same Covid-19 safety protocols from before winter break are in place including:
- All parents, guardians, and/or caregivers have the responsibility to conduct a Daily Health Assessmentof their children each day before sending them to school.
- Mask wearing is encouraged for all students and staff. Grade 6 students to adults must wear masks in common areas and hallways where physical distancing is not possible.
- Parents socializing with each other outside schools at drop off and pick up before and after school is not permitted under the current orders.
- Access to the school continues to be limited at this time. Please ensure children bring masks, lunches and rain gear to school with them. All adults wishing to access the school must call 604-713-5507 and wait for instructions from office staff before entering.
Professional Development Day
Don’t forget Monday January 18 is a pro d day. No school for students.
Opportunity to Return to In-person Instruction
Families planning to have their child switch from the learning from home transition option to in-person instruction January 19 are expected to have contacted the office to let school staff know. The next opportunity to return to in-person instruction will be March 1. More information will be emailed directly to learning from home transition option families.
Black Shirt Day
Friday January 15, many students and staff and people in the community wore black shirts to help bring awareness to anti-racism and to show support for the ongoing struggle for civil and human rights fought by Black and racialized Canadians.
Due to Covid-19, the Vancouver School District has postponed elementary school photo days until further notice.
My Tween and Me Cantonese Parenting Program
A parenting program for parents with children 6-13 years old. Online Via Microsoft Teams. Jan 20-March 10, 2021 Wednesday 12:30-2:00pm
大家好! 今年 1月至3月學校局 和PIRS 會 再次舉辦 一個中文( 廣東話) 家長講座.My Tween and Me 青少年與我. 適合 有小學生 的家長參加. 由於疫情關係, 將會在 線上 舉行 (ONLINE via Microsoft Teams)
時間: 1月 20日 - 3月10日, 2021
Effective Parenting 有效的管教
Communication with your Tween 與您的⻘少年溝通
Emotion and Anxiety 情緒智能 , 焦慮
Bullying and Peer Pressure 欺凌和朋輩壓力
Internet and Technology Use 互聯網和科技的使用
Success in School 在學校的成功
楊太 Vincy firstname.lastname@example.org
黎太 Valerie Lai email@example.com
Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver After School Mentoring
See the attached poster for more information.
Monday January 18, 2021
- Pro D Day – No school for students
- PAC Anti-Racism Meeting
- There is an Anti-racism Committee meeting planned for Monday, January 18th from 7-8:15pm. Zoom link available on the PAC website. All Hastings parents and guardians are welcome to attend! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback.
Wednesday January 20, 2021
- Hastings PAC Speaker Series Vol. 1 Anti-Racism
Wednesday January 27
- PAC General Meeting at 7pm
- The first PAC meeting of 2021 will be held on Wednesday, January 27th, 7-8:30pm hosted by Zoom. More info and meeting link on the PAC website. We hope to see you there!
Friday January 29, 2021
- Mid-year written reports sent home
Have a wonderful weekend!