Hello Hastings school community,
Here’s what’s happening at Hastings.
Please continue to visit the VSB website, the Hastings school website and the Hastings PAC website for information regarding district, school and PAC events.
Please Pay School and Agenda Fees Online
This year’s general school supply fee is $35 per student and agendas for the classes that are using them cost $5 per student. These fees are now payable on School Cash Online. Families will need to register for School Cash Online before they can pay fees. Please visit the Fees page of our school website for more information.
As a reminder, the Vancouver School Board will not deny a child access to the school supplies required for his or her educational program because of financial hardship. Nor will any child be excluded from activities where a fee is charged. If at any time there is a financial challenge, please contact the school principal. All requests will be treated confidentially.
Please complete the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) Consent form and VSB Acceptable Use of Technology Policy (AUP) online
The CASL consent form and AUP can both be completed online at myforms.vsb.bc.ca.
- The CASL consent form only needs to be completed once and is good for the duration of your child’s time with the VSB. All families are asked to please complete the new online CASL consent form.
- Please be sure to choose the correct AUP (K-3 or 4-12) and read and acknowledge it with your child(ren).
- Hastings families are not required to complete the Adobe CC Consent Form at this time.
Student Information Verification Package
All students should have brought home a student information verification package last week, including an information verification form, a media consent form, a yellow reunification form and an Informed Consent for Local Community Activities form. Please complete and return these forms to your child’s teacher as soon as possible.
Reporting Student Absences
Please call 604-713-5159 extension 35 before 9:00 am or as soon as you know your child will be absent to report all student absences.
Please Ensure Your Child Arrives at School On Time
Our welcome bell rings at 8:55 am and teachers will be at their class’s designated drop off/pick up location from a little before 8:55 am to a little after 9:00 am to welcome their students. Please ensure your child arrives at school on time so they can enter the school safely with their teacher and the rest of their class. Students who arrive after their class has left, must report to the office before going to class. Parents accompanying late students, please call 604-713-5507 before entering the school.
Please Ensure Your Child is Dressed Appropriately for the Weather
In order to maintain our Covid-19 safety protocols, maximizing physical distance and minimizing physical contact, all students must remain outside the school before the start of the school day and all students must go outside during recess and outdoor playtime.
Please ensure your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the weather. Suggestions for appropriate rainwear include waterproof boots, a raincoat with a hood, rain pants and an umbrella. As the weather gets colder, gloves, toques and warmer layers to go underneath a water-resistant coat are advised. For younger students who may find it difficult to resist splashing in muddy puddles, families may want to send a change of socks or a full change of clothes.
Please speak with your children about the importance of remaining warm and dry and healthy when outdoors during these unprecedented times.
If your family needs help acquiring rain/winter clothing for your children, please contact your child's teacher or the school office.
Monday, October 5
Monday, October 12
- Thanksgiving Day - No school
Tuesday, October 13
- First opportunity for Learn from Home Transition Option 4 students to return to in-person instruction. Please contact the school by October 6 to inform us of your decision to return.
Wednesday, October 21 & Thursday, October 22
- Early Dismissal - All students will be dismissed at 2:00 pm to allow for Communicating Student Learning conferences.
Friday, October 23
- Province Wide Pro D Day - No school for students
Wednesday, October 28
- PAC Annual General Meeting, 7:30 pm online. Please visit PAC website for more information.
- If you would like to receive regular email updates from the PAC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list. Note that your address will not be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Have a wonderful week!
Vital Peeters and Susan Dent