Hello Hastings school community,
Happy Lunar New Year!
Here’s what’s happening at Hastings.
Please continue to visit the VSB website, the Hastings school website and the Hastings PAC website for information regarding district, school and PAC events.
Please find attached a letter regarding the updated daily health assessment form as well as the daily health assessment form.
Families are reminded access to the school continues to be limited at this time. Please ensure children bring masks, lunches and weather appropriate clothing to school with them. All adults wishing to access the school must call 604-713-5507 and wait for instructions from office staff before entering.
Weather Appropriate Clothing
Remember, all students are expected to come to school dressed appropriately for the weather. Students are expected to be outside before school, during recess and lunch and during other outdoor activities. Please speak with your child about the importance of actually wearing the weather appropriate clothing they come to school with. If your family needs help acquiring weather appropriate clothing, please contact your child’s teacher or the office.
Return to In-person Instruction
The next opportunity to return to in-person instruction will be March 1. More information regarding the Option 4 learning from home transition option has been sent to Option 4 families.
Due to Covid-19, the Vancouver School District has postponed elementary school photo days until further notice.
- February is Black History Month – Students, staff and all Canadians are invited to participate in activities and events that honour the legacy of Black Canadians and their communities.
Thursday February 11
- Hastings PAC Speaker Series Volume 2
Friday February 12
- Happy Lunar New Year!
- Districtwide Pro D Day – No school for students
Monday February 15
- Family Day – Schools closed
Sunday February 14
Tuesday February 23
- PAC General Meeting – The Hastings PAC February General Meeting will be Tuesday, February 23 from 7 to 8:30pm online. Visit the Hastings PAC website for more information and a link to the meeting.
Wednesday February 24
- Pink Shirt Day – Students and staff are invited to wear pink in support of working together and treating others with dignity and respect.
Wednesday March 10 & Thursday March 11
- All students dismissed at 2pm for communicating student learning conferences.
Monday March 15 to Friday March 26
Have a lovely long weekend!