Hello Hastings school community,
Here’s what’s happening at Hastings.
Please continue to visit the VSB website, the Hastings school website and the Hastings PAC website for information regarding district, school and PAC events.
Families are reminded access to the school continues to be limited at this time. Please ensure children bring masks, lunches and rain gear to school with them. All adults wishing to access the school must call 604-713-5507 and wait for instructions from office staff before entering.
Return to In-person Instruction
The next opportunity to return to in-person instruction will be March 1. More information will be emailed directly to learning from home transition option families.
Due to Covid-19, the Vancouver School District has postponed elementary school photo days until further notice.
Mid-year Written Reports
Mid-year communicating student learning written reports were sent home with Hastings students Friday January 29. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have questions regarding your child’s report.
Thursday February 11
- Hastings PAC Speaker Series Volume 2
Friday February 12
- Districtwide Pro D Day – No school for students
Monday February 15
- Family Day – Schools closed
Tuesday February 23
- PAC General Meeting. The Hastings PAC February General Meeting will be Tuesday, February 23 from 7 to 8:30pm online. Visit the Hastings PAC website for more information and a link to the meeting.
- Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver After School Mentoring
- Generation Health is a FREE and VIRTUAL 10-week healthy lifestyle program for children and their families, delivered through the YMCA of Greater Vancouver and in partnership with the Childhood Obesity Foundation. Program participants will meet online once a week to learn about healthy eating, physical activity, goal setting, body image, self-esteem and more! There will be 3 programs days to choose from: Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays from 6:30-8:30pm. This program requires prior registration and screening through these details: phone 1-888-650-3141 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Have a wonderful week and a fabulous February!