How Can I Get Involved with the Hudson PAC?
Getting involved in the PAC is a great way to help your child be successful
at school. Research studies show that positive parental involvement helps both
student achievement and self-esteem.
Below is a list of PAC related activities; see the end of this list for
other ways to get involved.
Stay informed about PAC activities and volunteer
opportunities by coming to PAC meetings. Hudson PAC meetings are friendly and
informative and all are welcome. If you can't come to meetings you can still
keep informed via the class contact list, the PAC website (hudson.vsb.bc.ca), and the
Hudson Hailer. Baby sitting is available at the meetings.
- Share your ideas for PAC activities and help make decisions that affect the school by coming to PAC meetings, joining the PAC executive, and/or participating on the School Planning Committee (the SPC puts together the School Plan, which is posted on the Hudson website). If you can't come to meetings, you can relay your ideas and comments to the PAC chair or your class representative, or join the PAC Executive to join discussions via e-mail
- Facilitate school-parent communication by signing up for the class contact list or helping with the PAC website
- Help organise and run PAC special events. Kids love these!
- Help find and apply for grant programmes. Do you know of any grants or programs that could benefit the school? Apply on behalf of the school, or let the PAC know about them.
- Help fundraise. See the list above, or propose a new fundraiser if you have an idea or contact.
Other Ways to Get Involved at Hudson
- Volunteer in your child's classroom. You can ask your
child's teacher what help is needed, or you can make suggestions. Maybe you
would like to listen to students read once a week, help with math, teach the
students a song, chaperone a field trip, do a craft project?
- Help Ms. Nikon in the library.
- Be a volunteer coach with the More Sports afterschool
programme (contact: Les Smith: email@example.com)
- Run a lunchtime or afterschool club, for example, a
running club, chess club, drama club, etc... (contact the Principal or your
- If your child is in afterschool care, volunteer to be on
the HOOSC board
- If your child is in French Immersion, join Canadian
Parents for French (Canadian Parents for French)
A big thank you to all our volunteers.
Together we can make Hudson the
best it can be!