We look forward to welcoming students back to school. Please ensure you carefully read the information below in its entirety. It includes important health and safety information for students’ return to school, as well as details about pick-up and drop-off processes, school activities and supplies.
School staff will:
- Encourage regular hand washing
- Maximize physical distancing
- Minimize physical contact
- Ensure additional cleaning measures are in place
IMPORTANT: Daily Health Check for Students Attending In-Class Instruction
Below are key requirements that all students and families must be aware of and adhere to while attending in-class instruction.
If your child is ill or has COVID-19 symptoms:
Parents or caregivers must keep their child at home until they have been assessed by a health care provider to exclude COVID-19 or other infectious diseases, and their symptoms have resolved.
If you are unsure of your child’s health condition or if they have COVID-19-like symptoms, contact 8-1-1 for guidance. 8-1-1 is a free-of-charge provincial health information and advice phone line available in British Columbia.
If your child becomes ill while at school:
As per guidance from health authorities, any child exhibiting COVID-19-like symptoms will be moved to a secluded space, such as a first-aid room or designated health room, where they will be supervised and supported by staff until they are picked up by a parent/guardian.
Parents/guardians will be notified and advised to pick-up their child as soon as possible. Please ensure that the school has current contact information, including emergency contact information, to ensure timely pick-up. Also, please ensure that you are always accessible by phone during the school day if your child is attending school, and, be prepared to pick-up your child/ren.
Conduct Daily Self-Assessments:
Parents/guardians must assess their child daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before sending them to school. If your child is ill, they must remain home.
In addition, a student may not attend school if:
- they have travelled outside of BC in the last 14 days;
- they have had contact with a known COVID-19 case, or if another person in their home has symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease, even if your child remains asymptomatic (i.e. does not show signs of being ill); and/or
- a doctor or other medical professional has advised them to self-isolate.
To help maintain a healthy learning environment, staff, families and students are asked to practise good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
(i.e. coughing and sneezing into your sleeve).
Please review this with your child on a regular basis.
IMPORTANT: Schedule, school activities and supplies
Students in grades K-5 will be in class on Mondays and Tuesdays
Students in grade 5 in a grade 5/6 class will be returning Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Students in grades 6-7 will be retuning on Wednesdays
Essential Service Workers group - Primary (K-3) will be attending their regular classroom on Mondays and Tuesdays and an Essential Service Workers group on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
Essential service workers group - Intermediate (4-7) will be attending their regular classrooms on Wednesday and the Essential Service Workers group on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Student entering/exiting to the school and drop-off and pick-up times
Entering and Exiting the school has been arranged to ensure the safety of our students. We ask all parents to remain on the sidewalk outside the school grounds and to only have their children enter the school grounds. All meeting spots will be clearly marked with a bright orange division sign. Please note the staggered entry / exit times.
Monday/Tuesday 9:00AM Entry / 2:50PM dismissal; same location for both entry and exit
Div. 7- line up at back of school under covered area, south end, closest to classroom
Div. 8 - Line up at back of school under covered area, north end closest to classroom
Div. 13 - Front of school, north of the main entrance
Div. 14 - Front of school, south of main entrance
Div. 15 - Front of school, south of main entranc
Div.18 - South end of the building, west of the parking lot, on the grass
Div. 19 - South end of the building, west of the parking lot, on the grass
Div. 20 - Line up at back of school under blacktop, north end
Div. 21 - Line up at back of school under the blacktop, north end, closest to classroom
Div. 22 - Line up at the north side of school off of west 39th
Monday / Tuesday. 9:10AM Entry / 3:00PM dismissal; same location for entry and exit
Div. 4 - Tuesday only: front of school – north of main entrance
Div. 5 - Line up at front of school south of the main entrance
Div. 6 - Line up at front of school south of the main entrance
Div. 12 - Front of school south of the main entrance
Div. 16 - Front of school north of the main entrance
Div. 17 - Front of school south of main entrance
Essential service worker intermediate (Grades 4-7) group - back of school under covered area-door closest to West 39th Ave., north end -this entry point will remain the same throughout the week.
Wednesday 9:00am Entry/2:50pm dismissal same location for entry and exit
Div. 1 - Front of school-to the south of the main entrance
Div. 2 - Front of school-to the south of the main entrance
Div.9 - at the North side of school closest to 39th Ave
Div. 10- Front of school to the north of main entrance
Div.11 - Front of school to the north of main entrance
Wedenday 9:10 am Entry/ 3:00pm dismissal same location for entry and exit
Div. 3 - Front of school to the south of main entrance
Div. 4 - Wednesday only: Front of school to the north of main entrance
Div. 12 - Front of school to the north of main entrance
Essential Service Worker students - Primary (K-3) – back of school under the cover area, north end, closet to 39th Ave. – this entry point will remain the same throughout the week.
Thursday / Friday – Essential Service Workers Groups (Primary & Intermediate) ONLY
Entry/Exit locations and times as above
- It will be essential to be on time and arrive at your designated drop-off and pick-up times. Students will line-up at a designated place and be welcomed by their teacher. Family members will not be allowed to enter the school.
- Only authorized staff and students will be permitted to enter the school building unless by appointment with the school principal and for exceptional circumstances.
Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Students will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival each day, throughout the day (i.e. after using the washroom, moving from outdoors to indoors, meal times, etc.) and before leaving. Classrooms without sinks have been supplied with hand sanitizer.
Bringing in/use of personal materials
- We encourage students to bring their personal materials to minimize physical contact and use of shared materials. Please label your child’s water bottle, supplies and everything they bring to school. ONLY water bottle filling stations will be available to refill bottles.
- Students will eat their lunch and snacks in their classrooms. Lunches and snacks are to come to school in the morning with the students – there will be no drop-off lunches or snacks accepted. Please pack lunches that:
- Do not need reheating
- Are nut free
- Children can eat independently
- Wearing a mask is a personal choice. Any mask will have minimal effect if not used together with other preventative measures. The most effective preventative measures include washing hands, maximizing physical distance and minimizing physical touch. It is important to treat people wearing masks with respect.
- Use of materials, equipment and manipulatives in classrooms will be minimized.
While we look forward to reconnecting with your children, we want you to know the days will look different. Schedules for staff and students will vary and sometimes your child will see familiar faces and friends, and sometimes they may be working with new friends and staff. Also, siblings may be scheduled on different days.
The goal is to balance your child’s educational needs within a safe, supportive environment. We all are very excited to see your children very soon! School is a place where children learn and grow. These past two months have been a challenge for us all, so we are very much looking forward to seeing and greeting our students' smiling faces.
If you have any questions, please contact
Dawn Sadler and Teresa Wells