Scholarship information is regularly posted on the grade 12’s Teams class, and broadcast to grade 12’s via the app and on email. If you have questions about scholarships, please check with Ms. G.
March 29 - Philip Paulson Scholarship: Deadline - Monday, May 10, 2021
This $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who demonstrates compassion, a dedication to serving others, a commitment to the betterment of individuals or the greater society.
Examples might include:
- Citizenship activities
- Service to others through volunteer work in the school or beyond
- Personal achievements focused on supporting others
Applications via this online form to be received by Monday, May 10, 2021
To apply follow this link:
SCHOLARSHIP OFFERINGS 2021 - in order of deadline - This list was created by Ms. Wong in an effort to have them available for viewing on the website. If there are any discrepancies, please see Ms. G.
The Canadian College and University Fair (CCUF) is back this spring! Throughout the month of March, we're holding a series of fairs meant to help students learn more about programs, connect with school reps, and attend webinars about programs and financial aid. Register for Free
Here's our list of events this spring:
- STEM Program Fair – March 2
- Health & Medical Program Fair – March 3
- Humanities & Business Program Fair – March 9
- Trades Program Fair – March 10
- Spring National Fair – March 19 & 20
- Why should students sign up? Here are some of the main benefits:
- Schools across Canada will have their own booth where students can connect with recruiters and chat one-on-one
- Chance to attend one of the many webinars to learn more about schools, scholarships, programs, and more
- One lucky student attendee will win $3,500 towards their tuition!
Hi Grade 12's,
THANK YOU FOR THE SUBMISSIONS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOSE WHO APPLIED.
To be eligible for scholarships you must meet the following requirements:
In-School Graduation Scholarships – Academic* - Eligibility: Must be enrolled in and complete at Killarney a minimum of six Gr. 12 level courses and at least four of these Gr. 12 courses must be academic*. The six grade 12 courses may be taken in any school year and do not have to be taken during your grade 12 year. (*Academic means courses that are approved for university applications)
In-School Graduation Scholarships – Non-Academic* - Must complete a minimum of six Gr. 12 level courses at Killarney. The six courses may be taken in any school year and do not have to be taken during your Gr. 12 year. Scholarship recipients will be students in good standing who consistently follow the Killarney Code of Conduct. Behavior that contravenes the Killarney “Go Green Conduct Chart” may influence the awarding of scholarships
The online Scholarship application is not editable so you will need to prepare to answer your questions prior to going online to fill out the form.
We recommend that you fill out this prep sheet to review the questions and make notes here:
1) KILLARNEY SCHOLARSHIP PREP SHEET
Once you have completed the prep sheet make sure to set aside some time to fill out the online application form found here:
2) KILLARNEY IN-HOUSE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION